School Age Services Program
Pivot Point’s School Age Services Program provides 1-1, small group, and peer group services for children, youth, and their families. All services employ a blend of evidence-based therapeutic approaches and Positive Behaviour Support, along with enthusiasm, play, and we designed environments so that children and youth with Diverse Abilities can learn the skills necessary to thrive and shine at school, at home, and in their community.
We believe that the journey between childhood and adulthood is vitally important in creating a strong foundation. Arguably, these pivotal 13 years from 6 to 19 will shape the 50 years that follow more than anything else in an individual’s life. As such, we are driven to ensure that each hour of every session is devoted to creating meaningful experiences, essential learning, and quality relationships… to last a lifetime.
This Program Is For
Children between age 6 and 19. Most of our clients in this program have a diagnosis of ASD, some other DD, or behavioural and/or mental health conditions.
Length of Program:
Length of service is determined by the ideal INTENSITY of service needed to produce the most gains for the funding available within a funding year. Most children receive two sessions each week for a solid 7 or 8 months, while others are optimized with slightly fewer sessions each week for 10, 11, or 12 months of intensive intervention.
- Parents must be able to commit government Autism Funding and/or personal funds to pay for services.
- Parent & family participation is required, but will depend on ability.
- Autism Funding of BC
- Private Funding
- At-Home Funding
- Complete our Request a Meeting form and let us schedule a free 1-hour meeting to see if we’re a good fit!
- Our Regional Managers can usually meet within 1 week of your request.
- Once you decide to start, intake assessments and Behaviour Consultation typically begin within a week or two, with your care team being assigned at that same time… regular sessions can be up and running within 2 to 4 weeks of your start.
- Small group based services (such as Community Success & Social Success) may take longer to set up a good peer match, but typically run a little longer throughout the year.
Primary Services in this program are:
- My Success! (Therapeutic 1-1): (PDF)
- Community Success! (2-1): (PDF)
- Social Success! (3-1): (PDF)
- H.A.N.G. (Helping Adolescents Network & Grow): (PDF)